(Most of) The Premier Business Development Team – pictured here: Shaun Porter, Damien Lee, and Jason Sorrenti. Absent team members: Karl Suranyi, Matt Clark, and Sam Zhang.
At Premier, our culture governs every aspect of our organisation. Progressive thinking and empowering our people with #TeamLifting is at the core of everything we do, designed to deliver the right results for our clients.
Our Business Development team is made up of a strong group of industry professionals who aim to make doing business with Premier as easy as possible. We understand the importance of the planning and safe delivery of our lifting solutions. Talking to our clients, getting to know them and their businesses to uncover what is important to them, and then using our #TeamLifting approach to help make their individual projects and lifts as seamless and smooth as possible.
Q&A with the Premier Business Development team
Q. Tell us a bit about the Business Development (BD) team?
The newly formed BD team is made up of:
- Shaun Porter – Business Development Manager – responsible for implementing the strategic intent of the business through the development of strategies & initiatives, identifying key markets and projects, and establishing relationships with key stakeholders within the construction industry
- Jason Sorrenti – Marketing & Sales Manager – responsible for developing sales and marketing strategies, identifying new projects and clients, client relationship management, brand management, market reach, social media & website management.
- Karl Suranyi – Field Sales Representative – responsible for onsite day to day management of clients & projects, detailed onsite consultations, identifying new opportunities & clients within the market & onsite
- Damien Lee – Sales Associate – management of day-to-day sales enquiries & projects, cross hire opportunities, identification of new tender opportunities, onsite consultations, development & management of client relationships & projects.
- Sam Zhang – Sales Associate – management and development of sales systems & procedures.
- Matt Clark – Senior Advisory Role & Board Member – provides strategic direction, industry expertise, project solutions while strengthening and maintaining client relationships across the business.
Q. How long have the team members been working in the industry?
- Shaun Porter – Business Development Manager – new to the crane industry, with 30 years of marketing and sales management experience in a wide range of industries.
- Jason Sorrenti – Marketing & Sales Manager – new to crane industry, with 8 years experience in the construction industry for sales and key account management.
- Karl Suranyi – Field Sales Representative – 25 years experience in the rigging and crane industry – a specialist in steel rigging
- Damien Lee – Sales Associate – 5 years experience in the crane industry holding various roles in operations and sales.
- Sam Zhang – Sales Associate – 2 years experience in the crane industry in various roles within Premier cranes.
- Matt Clark – Senior Advisory Role & Board Member – owner and original founding member of Premier Cranes & Rigging with more than 15 years experience in the crane industry.
Q. What satisfies the BD team most about their work?
Talking to our clients, getting to know them and their businesses. We love understanding what is important to them and then using the #TeamLifting approach to help make their individual project/lift as seamless and smooth as possible.
Q. What trends can you see emerging in the industry?
The industry is definitely moving towards an infrastructure boom with the tunnel, rail, and road upgrades currently underway and in planning. The trend is definitely for big cranes, large-scale project management, and complex, detailed lift solutions. The next 5-10 years will see some amazing projects which will allow some very talented people the opportunity to display their skills and business capabilities. It is a very exciting time to be involved in not only the crane industry but also the construction industry.
Q. What’s the BD team’s vision / growth plans?
We can’t give away too many secrets here 🙂 However, our vision is simple to provide the best service possible through a deep understanding of our clients, their businesses, and their project needs. We will then use our knowledge to engage all the different departments within Premier Cranes to provide detailed, bespoke lifting solutions which are executed with that #teamlifting can-do attitude.
Q. Anything else you’d like to mention?
We look forward to meeting and partnering with as many of the Premier clients as possible, developing strong long-lasting relationships, and being involved in some exciting projects that will shape Victoria’s future.
If you require some advice, the Premier Business Development team is only a quick phone call away to help you get started with your next job or project!